Thread: GIMP, CC3, PyMapper and Heroic Maps

Help GIMP, CC3, PyMapper and Heroic Maps

Hey All,

I just converted to a VTT and I love it - CC3 works amazingly well for cranking out maps for it without having to worry about printing or anything. I have also stumbled across Heroic Map's line of modular terrain/virtual map tiles. However they don't seem to work very well with CC3. The .png files loaded as symbols do not line up exactly because of subtly resizing that CC3 is doing. I'm having the same problem with PyMapper. I've figured out what to do but I don't actually know how to do it because I'm GIMP illiterate. I've included an illistration of what I think needs to be done. Could anyone else help me with this project or has anyone else experienced this problem before? Please haaaalp!

All the best,
    AdamClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	75337

Well I've been messing around with GIMP and have managed to do exactly what I needed to do with one small glitch: Can some one explain, quickly and easily, how to cause white space to be considered transparent once exported as a .png?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I'm not 100% sure because I don't know GIMP, but in Photoshop the usual culprit for that sort of thing is having a background layer that isn't transparent. A second option would be to check the export settings when you're saving the file as a .png. Best of luck!

Banned User

Don't know GIMP, but in general, if the background is transparent in GIMP but rendering as white when you save it, there may be an option "Preserve transparency" when you save as .png.

If the background is white in GIMP, I would guess that you need to remove that background before you save (it wouldn't make sense for GIMP to presume that white should be saved as transparent). To do that, you can make the white background a separate layer from the start, as Meshon suggests, or if it is too late for that, you can select the white in the image and delete it (in photoshop that is done with "select color range", but I'm sorry, I don't know if GIMP can do the same).

Blog Entries

please see your EXACT SAME OTHER POST !!!!
    this one is a word for word duplicate of your OTHET ONE

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=31435

and see the answer posted there TWO WEEKS AGO!!!! on the 15th of Aug.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---