Thread: Hello fellow map lovers....

Question Hello fellow map lovers....

Historical maps are my interest. I'm looking for information related to an 1860's map for a city in Wisconsin (Manitowoc). Specifically, I'd like to know more about the map surveyor whose name is G. Schulte Boevinghausen. Would anyone be able to provide any information or further direction that I can pursue regarding this surveyor?

Banned User

Hello Nancy, welcome to the Guild!

I'd suggest starting with the city of Manitowoc Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Bureau, and see if they have any kind of a historical society, or perhaps a university with a history department. See if either of those could give you additional ideas about surveyors of that era.

Welcome to the Guild Nancy! I think Chick's suggestion is a great place to start. The bulk of what we do here is create new maps. There may be some historical map buffs here that could provide you with more info, but I'm not really sure. Wish you the best in your quest.

Cheer,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for your feedback, arsheesh and chick. I will move on in a more historical direction. Love your fascinating maps and am glad to have discovered your community. Thanks, again.