Thread: Do websites help you get business?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another consideration that I didn't mention is that I am constantly working on personal maps between commissions, and I update my FB and G+ pages with a new map practically every week, sometimes 2 in a week, also sometimes I post works in progress, so that I post 2 or 3 versions of the same map at various stages of creation. I believe this constant activity and additions of new content is what causes such a large following of my pages. Just like any website, if you don't constantly update the content often, the traffic will slow. Interestingly, over the past 7 years, I've created a couple hundred maps and just now I am attempting to monetize all my old maps, turning them into printable PDFs and VT-ready maps. My hope is to have 50 to 100 products in my DrivethruRPG publisher page by the end of the year. Right now I have only 13 products, but sales are constant, so I know if I had 100 products available, I would greatly improve my revenue stream.

Additionally, I've been invited to become an blogger to a staff of RPG bloggers at Tabletop Terrors. Every place that I can gain another platform that points to my G+ and DTRPG publisher account will increase traffic, and no doubt gain more commission opportunities. Right now, I regularly do maps for EN Publishing, Stormbunny Studios, Legendary Games and many others.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-20-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations