Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Entry: Play-Doh City

As someone who also made his map in a non traditional style (I used the Aurora Toolset Engine for Neverwinter Nights 2), I am most gladdened to see someone else try something different.

Well Done indeed!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Welcome BTW, love the pic its wild. I did mine in plasticene too this month but its nothing like yours. Mines all boring white. I'll get this into the thumbs section next time I am near my PC.

yeah nice work! i to must pass on the rep
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

This reminds me very much of the work by Michel Gondry. Very nice.

What a great idea! Very creative

My kids wanted to try making their own Play-Doh city after seeing this. Excellent work.

Fun!

The only thing you might want to look at is the ground on which the buildings sit. The buildings currently look very obviously to not be sitting on that ground texture due to different angles. Not sure if you have the means to fix it, but one way might be to take a picture of a building actually sitting on some of that ground texture, and then cutting that texture out and expanding it from there. Right now there is a disconnect. Also some buildings still have signs of where you cut them out from your original photos of them. Not sure you want to work on those two things, but its all I see to consider.

Great approach. Reminds me of days oh so long ago playing with that stuff lol.

To do that i must do a building, take a picture, destroy it, build the next one take a picture hoping that the angle is correct, destroy ....

To do that i took my son's play-doh and he doesn't have a lot of it....

So finally if i do all the work again the result will be nearly the same...

No, you definitely wouldnt want to do all that. I was only trying to say that something about the buildings on one layer and the floor on another looked off to me, so I was trying to suggest a way maybe to look at it if you wished to.

The angles of the buildings, while a little different between them, all seem roughly the same, so I thought possibly the floor was taken at a different angle. Seems more at second glance to maybe be distances from the lens were different. In any event, taking a picture of one building actually sitting on that floor surface, and then using that floor surface to make the floor texture might solve both issues (angle of the floor as well as its depth relative to buildings). Wasnt trying to suggest that you go through on remake everything. No no.

At any rate, was just sharing one comment, one perspective. Its nothing to go back and work on if its too much trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12