Thread: [WIP] Sorantyr

Guild Apprentice

Default [WIP] Sorantyr

Hey there folks. I am looking to get any critiques / tips on what you think about this map of mine. What works and especially what doesn't. I'm not thin skinned so fire away. I also had a question in regards to the scale in miles that I'm using. Does it looks ok for the scale of my map?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorantyr.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	75526

Banned User

Hi Ome, Your map looks really nice! The land texture is good and I especially like the desert. You might try adding more texture and some grunge to the ocean though, it's a little boring. The scale you have makes Lake Nen about 25 miles across -- does that sound right to you?

I assume you are going to fill in the huge blank area in the top half, so I'll look forward to seeing more

I agree with Chick on the desert, one of the nicest I've seen. I think the north arrow and the sea text are a little large. There is a lot of nice elements going on, just keep at it very nice. I personally not crazy about the white outline border of the land, but that's just me . Maybe soften the northern white area, pretty drastic change at the mountains, maybe they should be more snow caps if it's that north

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Count me in as a fan of that desert: the dunes are very nice.