Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Graenlandir, the world of Heimur

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I love your use of color and the font for your labels; really makes me want to explore the place.

thank you Barliman! I'm pretty proud of the font, i made it thank to this site: http://www.myscriptfont.com/

Great to see this wonderful map finished! I think i've written it in the wip thread already, but i love the lively comicesque style and the saturated colors a lot. The emblems and the city-icons are just fantastic and i can only agree with the others on the great border and all the funny details. Looking forward to see more from Heimur!

Edit: wow, you made this font yourself!? It looks very cool and fits the style of the map perfectly.

Thanks Abu Lafia! very kind!
    The upper and lower border should represent (a part of) the story of the world, i don't know if it can be understood, or it's just in my head hehe..

Hey, I like the map! I enjoy the concept of using shields or banners to represent a specific location of civilization or perhaps post civilization. I hope that you do not mind me saving the map in a folder, I generally show example images to people that I hire for this sort of thing. Would you be interested in paid work as well?

Thanks Kui! I used shield because it was too complicated to add a border for countries, without messing up an already full of details map
    And yes, I'm open to commission

Would you consider sending me a private message? I am not saying that I will hire you right away but it is nice to have people in my mind while taking things into consideration.

Very pretty in its "computer game" style. I think this is a great piece of work, congrats and rep to you!

Quote Originally Posted by lesopeso View Post
    -There is no space for a proper compass rose
    Wouldn't worry about this - compass roses and portolan lines are used for navigation and your map is about the land, not the sea...

Thank you very much Pixie!

Gorgeous map! All the details are very well done and I just love your flags and frame. My only critic (a minor one and a matter of taste), is that I would have prefered paler blues and greens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast