I was reading Andrew Law's page and he mentioned the Cartographers' Guild.

In the past I drew my maps on plain or graph paper with a pencils or roughly sketched out a city layout. I don't 'map' for the players now, they can if they wish. I might draw free-handed (in advance) a map on parchment paper with a fine tip sharpie (looks like pen & ink) and then fold, tear and age it with tea, dirt, flame. I would hand that out during game (WFRP).

Now I want to make a GM ref. map of a city in WFRP world, Bechafen (briefly described in on of the books & elsewhere on the web), hopefully in a manner similar to Andrew Law's work (professional and nice details, with a bit of shrubbery along the sides). I downloaded AutoRealm but it looks like I'll be purchasing City Designer, from the CC3 peoples.

I'm more of a hands on artist and never really tried my hand at anyhting on the computer, I doodle with MSPaint or something but it was just that.

I dont have any questions at this time, I have been compiling notes and sketching out some ideas on paper. I was reading some of the post about population density and 'how and why' the city is <here> (the Greyhawk mapper link). All very useful in making a plausable map.

So, until I get City Designer, I'll be reading stuff and occassionaly ask a question or add my two cents worth.

... and to those that have created and shared your maps - very cool & inspiring too.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks