Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mount Everest Map

Default Mount Everest Map

Hello
    I want to present a map I made last year about Mount Everest. Le me post a little image, and the link for you to study it in Hi-Res (It's huge):
    http://carto-grafia.com/en/351-map-o...raphy-magazine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poster-Mockup-vol1_EVERST.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	753.7 KB 
ID:	75778
    The idea for this one is about making a classic map, for printed use, but at the same time that it can be used in Digital technology. Digital means: Tablets, phones, web.... with or without GPS.
    In the link you can study the map in web format, but if you download the ios app, then you can get GPS usability. It is georreferenced too.
    Let me know your thoughs
    Best
    Fernando J Sanchez Menendez
    http://www.eosgis.com

This one is beautiful and I also had a look at a lot of your work on your website. Excellent stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    This one is beautiful and I also had a look at a lot of your work on your website. Excellent stuff!
    Thank you, feel free to let me know which ones you will like to comment in tis forum

Quote Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
    Nibe. How did you make this?
    Well, its a large process. It involves getting digital elevation model data for the relief, sat images, vector data, and at first step, using GIS integrate all this data.
    The second step is to export the shaded reliefs and sat images from the GIS to several images. These images are prepared, retouched manualy and mixed in photoshop in several layers. Its a long process, specially the manual process of retouching the shaded relief. For this map, the photoshop inage was about 900Mb in size.
    Then the vectorial roads, cities, contours where exported to Adobe Ilustrator and manually edited there.
    About ...3 months of work

Quote Originally Posted by fobetor View Post
    Thank you, feel free to let me know which ones you will like to comment in tis forum
    Well, all of those where your manual work stands out, specially those close ups with shaded relief like the Ordessa Park, are stunning. I made some stuff with very simple shaded relief in the past and manualy retouching is a very long task like you said. So, with all my heart, here's some reputation for your ability!

Yep. Gorgeous work fobetor. As are many of your other maps.
    Heart of Africa, Mayan World, Rome, parque nacional de Ordesa, just to name a few.
    Really excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Well, all of those where your manual work stands out, specially those close ups with shaded relief like the Ordessa Park, are stunning. I made some stuff with very simple shaded relief in the past and manualy retouching is a very long task like you said. So, with all my heart, here's some reputation for your ability!
    Thanks,
    Yes, you are right, manual work is a long task, but it is necesary to get a " more pleasant look". Automared shaded reliefs are ... Well... Automated ;-)
    the other hard work is about placing correctly all texts... Another thing that automation dont solve... I think it takes at least 60% oficiales time on these topographicsl maps.
    Its lots of years in this ...

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Yep. Gorgeous work fobetor. As are many of your other maps.
    Heart of Africa, Mayan World, Rome, parque nacional de Ordesa, just to name a few.
    Really excellent work.
    Thank you. I will be posting here more maps with diferent looks: modern, ancient, 2D,3d... Just a matter of putting hands on and posting them here and at my web pages.

Brilliant work! If you like to look at maps as I do, you can't get enough of it. Your other maps are very fine too. I have a soft spot for the ones titled "Brujas" and "Amberes" - now why would that be?...
    Cheers - Akubra
    “I am an agnostic on most matters of faith, but on the subject of maps I have always been a true believer. It is on the map, therefore it is, and I am.”
    ― Tony Horwitz, One for the Road: An Outback Adventure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast