Last night I started using the "Hand-Drawn Map Tutorial (for the Artistically Challenged) by Gidde @ the Cartographer's Guild" tutorial and ran into a problem at the beginning of the section called "Roughing in Terrain". It says "Grab the paintbrush tool ( ) and change to the fuzzy circle 19 brush, and then scale it all the way up to 10 so we have a nice, big round brush. Use a color that says “mountain” to you (it won't be in our final, so it can be fuschia if it makes you happy, but don't use black, white or gray)."

So to this point the tutorial helps idiots like me, but Gimp does not have a "fuzzy circle 19 brush" it is not listen anywhere in the tools. I just picked one and adjusted the area of impact to be small. The part that killed me was that it doesn't tell you how to select a color. I tried using common sense but no matter what I clicked on to give my brush color it just brushed in black. The tutorial says "but don't use black, white or gray". So I got frustrated and gave up... without saving I might add. I also have a black and grey checkerboard over my map.

To this point I was having a blast. I will literally need a step by step description and up to this point it shows you insert pictures of what you should be seeing. Help me out with the color issue I'm having and If I run into more issues I will post on this thread.

Thanks in advance, this is an awesome community.