Thread: New here but not

Default New here but not

Hello,

I joined back in 2011 but never really got up the nerve to introduce myself. Cartography has always been a passing hobby of mine off and on since the late 80s when I would just draw random maps in school. Now though for some reason I've taken up drawing maps more and more, devoting nearly an entire sketchbook to it and buying pens solely for this purpose. I have a degree in History but have been interested in just about everything. To that end I enjoy drawing not just maps of islands, continents, or even worlds but also create star charts, stellar maps, and have been considering trying my hand at a few constellation maps. I do this mostly for the stories I write, it helps a lot to get the maps down, but I also just love old maps. The old hand-drawn style mariner's maps are my favorite I think, with the port of call lines and alignments with different constellations. Anyways, that's about it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Hey talieseen, glad to see you appear! There's lots of room around here to just check out the awesome cartographic scenery but it will be great to see some of your maps and maybe pick up some pointers from you.

Welcome to the Guild. Sorta. I mean, you were already here, but... anyway.

Cheers,
    Meshon

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Banned User

Hello Talieseen, welcome to the Guild! I hope you'll be posting some of your maps soon

Blog Entries

Welcome!

I hope to see you posting around more often. Your "post per day" average must be dreadfully low!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.