Thread: Low res continent maps

Default Low res continent maps

I would like to put at least one map into a game I'm making, which means I have a strict resolution requirement (544x416). The map is meant to clarify political subplots, so it is focused on nations, not geographic features. The trickiest requirement, however, may be making it look nice and be functional at the low resolution. I don't know how this compares to the usual map sizes here or how that will affect time to completion, so if anyone wants to give me a ballpark on what I should expect, I'd be grateful.

Project Scope
    At minimum, I would like one map at 544x416, covering a single large continent. I could potentially use two more maps of other continents in the same style. While I would love a larger resolution map of the entire world for use outside the game, I don't know if I can afford what people here are worth.

Style
    Flexible, since the key thing is working well within the size restrictions. I am fond of traditional black and white maps designed to look like physical maps (like this but less stylized), or a semi-topographical style (example I really like), and of course colored maps can be gorgeous (two styles I like).

If any of those styles work for you and you're interested, I'd like to hear from you. Perhaps in an ideal world, I'd like the three continent maps to be non-colored politically-focused maps, with a world map in full color, but I am willing to be flexible here.

Deadlines
    No hard ones, but the game is in open beta so if I had to wait months and months the maps would be too late.

Copyright
    I need rights to use it in the (free) game and display it on related sites. I have no need to restrict you from posting it yourself or including it in something of your own like an art book, though I wouldn't want you to sell it to another project or anything.

Contact
    Send me an email at my Gmail account, [EMAIL], and let me know what interests you. I have my personal maps of the continents for your reference.
    Last edited by SierraL; 09-09-2015 at 10:24 PM.

I sent an email to you

I've found an artist.

I want to say for the record that I received more responses than I expected. This forum may have many threads with few replies, but it seems to have quite an active community of people who communicate very professionally. Happy to have dropped by!