Thread: City Map for Fantasy Novel, Attachment of crude drawing

Default City Map for Fantasy Novel, Attachment of crude drawing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Punia.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	213.3 KB 
ID:	75949

Thanks for reading! I'm looking for a bit of help on a city map for the fantasy novel I have finished. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

I am requesting someone to help create a map of a city: setting, high Medieval/Early Modern period. Synopsis of manuscript available to discuss details if need be. The map scale will be approximately 3/4 mile per inch. The rough outline is attached to this post (it's crude as can be, I'm certainly not an artist. At all).

In regard to style, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, and advice/guidance would be appreciated. I'm a writer, not a cartographer (sadly).

This will be a professional piece of work for possible publication.

In regard to time constraints, there's no serious rush so a couple of months or so would be fine with me.

I'd like reproduction rights to the map and copyright of the map. The artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his/her portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Thanks all! And please don't make fun of my atrocious drawing!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Daniel, could you provide an email address? You won't be able to use the PM feature before you have 5 posts on the forum. Or if you want to , you can mail me at wolfmaster[at]gmx[dot]net .

And nobody will make fun of your drawing! Whatever it may look like, the most important thing is that it fulfills its function to you as the writer. Everything else is really secondary.

Has this project been taken? If so I'll go ahead and archive this.