Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Digimundus Map (aka Sivia)

So here's my progress on Valbeyon...

Need some help with figuring out how to work the pathing tool in Photoshop and connect point as you can see with some of the rivers.
    Need to redo border the other areas other than Valbeyon.

Once I get done with my naming tool I shall add a bunch more towns and cities and regions within the already given regions.

Lore update... Looking at the map it just screamed that it needed more than the 4 regions i named previously so I added a fifth, but then I looked at how fast these cities would spread if they spread at 1km/1year and it seemed there needed another to fill the area so added a 6th... so changed that, now I have to figure out how they all feel towards each other ^.^

Names...

Area = Previously called League of Pinon... now The Valbeyon League
    Pinon = become Okfor and then Okkar (Corrupted from Oak Harbor)
    North City = Meagswal (Corrupted from Meagana's Wall refering to the river)
    Miallo = Miallo (Corrupted from Mia's Hollow)
    South City = Sothenold (Corrupted from South end's Hold)
    Wachon = Whachon (Corrupted from Watch Town)
    Fordonwal = Fordonwal (Corrupted from Fort Downwall refering to down river)

Lore wise, Okkar and Meagswal were the only settlements in the area. When the Ereban attacked Okkar set up an early warning settlement with Wachon and Meagswal set up a settlement down river to prevent them from coming over a point down river they've left unprotect. Eventually the Ereban tried to go around and flank into the area, but Okkar and Meagswal saw this and knew the terrain bottle necked and sent troops to set a fort to the bottle neck, establishing Sothenold. Communication between Sothenold, Meagswal, and Okkar, as well as the need to have a place to fall back to lead to the establishment of Miallo, a fortified city in the center of the region.

The entire region is about 831,384 square kilometers with Okkar and Wachon having territory across the see that adds up to about another 200,000 square kilometers.
    All together it is about 5 times bigger than Greece, equal to Ethiopia, and 10 times smaller than the US in land size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valbeyon.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	692.3 KB 
ID:	77296

Yeah, the rivers are a bit odd, too smooth in general.

I still haven't managed to understand how to work with the pathing tool, it's in my to do list. You could also render some clouds, then difference clouds, select an interesting cloud, then edit-stroke, to get jagged lines for rivers.

What's with the fuzzy borders? They look like they have been sprayed, is it intentional?

The other two things I could point out are a matter of preference (I'd add border lines between the regions of the League, and perhaps use more contrasting colors, since they are all king of dark).

Other than that, it's looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by groovey View Post
    What's with the fuzzy borders? They look like they have been sprayed, is it intentional?
    It givs it a tiny bit of visual flair that makes it look better.

I'd add border lines between the regions of the League
    Have them in the style options, but don't like them so turned them off.
    Might turn them back on when/if I add more provinces.

The population of the area is 17.5 million and is about 30% urban which basically means I need more cities ^.^.
    Though I have been thinking in terms of Greece quite a bit with this area, the problem is that it's so much larger than Greece so I'm re-evaluating some things...

and perhaps use more contrasting colors, since they are all king of dark).
    They contrast. I just desaturated the color. In my opinion it brings it closer to the coloring you'd expect on maps of this kind. I could just color sample a map but searching out a map for each color would be a bit tedious.
    Last edited by Durakken; 11-13-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345