Thread: Digimundus Map (aka Sivia)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Digimundus Map (aka Sivia)

Allo, so this is my semi-first attempt at a map... and just want to see what some people who are a lot more experienced think of this the results.
    Some things of note...
    The Mountains being centralized, and "large" is on purpose, the lore of the world is that the gods erected those mountains as somewhat barriers across the zones and the central location.
    The intention behind making this map is to use it as a Pangea for a 2nd map which will probably use different techniques to produce a few things features, regardless I'm still curious about the thoughts about the results with these techniques. That being said, that's also why there are few locations and no roads. The 4 locations present needed to be placed for placements on the next map.

That all being said. Any suggestions for how to go about splitting up and implimenting continental drift. Namely I need suggestions for defining the plates. I'm probably going to use a random number generator to select locations of Hot Spots, then use rift formation theory along with random angles to define where the plates are, but suggestions on simpler or more automatic way would be appreciated...

Lastly, the image is PNG and is 1.2 MB. I don't know the standard for people here, but that's fairly large so thought I'd mention it if that's an issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rdAgeDigimundus.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	75962
    Last edited by Durakken; 09-11-2015 at 08:07 PM.