Thread: B/W Genertela Outline

Default B/W Genertela Outline

Greetings and salutations. I am wondering if any kind soul would be willing to help me. I require a 3072 x 2048 black and white map outline of the continent Genertela (of the Glorantha world) that I hope to use as a base for a mod for Crusader Kings II. Here is a map for reference:

The land simply must be black while the sea/rivers/water is white. I understand that map making is a true art form and requires skill as well as time and even something such as an outline could prove time consuming so while it would be appreciated, I know not to get my hopes up especially when I am not able to pay for such work. Regardless, thank whomever for your time in at least viewing this post.

Feel free to post here (with questions or whatever) or contact me at doesnotcompute@humanoid.net

Your reference link is no longer available. Are you looking for a digital mapper? I do hand drawn stuff and would be willing to take a shot at it.

Hm, I wonder why it no longer links directly to the image. Anyway, here is the website for said image:

It will be the second image down the page, I believe. As far as hand drawn, I doubt it would be useable for what I need. The game engine uses somewhat very defined rules when trying to incorporate things into it. I can't go into details as of yet because I am still learning everything it is and is not capable of. The image has to be in BMP format (though one could convert an image to that) and has to have as little to no anti-aliasing (just makes it easier to edit I suppose).

I have tried to edit the image already out there but there is just too many labels and anti-aliasing to do so, at least with my meager (almost zero) experience. I have tried to make one myself but I have limited time in which to do things between raising my four week old son and work. I am hoping someone (anyone) could help out with this as to lighten my load and have things proceed a little faster.

I am not sure if something hand drawn could be used and I would hate to waste anyone's time or talents just to find out I couldn't use it for what I would like to.

Banned User

I do see a copyright notice on that image ... do you own the copyright to it? If not, you might want to consider requesting an entirely new map similar but unique

No, I don't own the copyright. However, I am not asking for an exact replicate of the map I linked to. However, it would be hard to have a mod that takes place in Genertela if the map is not accurate. Haha. I do not foresee any issues arising as I am not charging money for the use of a map within a mod (nor could or would I want to). If it is based on the map and not just copy/pasted. I've no idea honestly. I can always email the owner and see what his/her thoughts on it are and seek permission should the need arise.