Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP Karth, personal campaign world

Uh, i loove the detail map...it's a real beauty. The only thing that i notice (and that kind of bugs me a little) is that the trees are not to scale compared to the mountains (or the other way around, if you will). It's not a deal-breaker for me, it's still an awesome map...but i does kind of "throw me off".

Thanks for sharing! And i look forward to more updates and history and zoomable world-map
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Uh, i loove the detail map...it's a real beauty. The only thing that i notice (and that kind of bugs me a little) is that the trees are not to scale compared to the mountains (or the other way around, if you will). It's not a deal-breaker for me, it's still an awesome map...but i does kind of "throw me off".

Thanks for sharing! And i look forward to more updates and history and zoomable world-map
    Thanks very much.

I see your point about the trees not being scale. I tried many different sizes for the trees, and for me, this was the best balance. For me, wasn't trying for scale. To me, this a representation of the world, not meant to be accurate. I did try many different ways to show the forests of the world. Even now, I think I want to put a little bit of color behind them so those areas are a little more separated visually from say grass or barrens.

There are desserts in the world, which I've decided I am totally redoing as how I have them now, I just don't like.

So, anything can change as I work on this.

I love the map! This about the trees all comes down to personal opinion..in my opinion I for an example love them and think these are one of the best tree/map fits I have seen.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

I love this map, the soft colors, the mountains and some of the areas of the trees.

I think the trees work best when they are all similar and constitute a specific type of forest - the Blackander Oak Forest for example, and the Pine forest that runs up the spine of the Karsh Mtn. (letters are transposed - Mnts instead of Mtns) are very nice as are 80% of the map.

The bottom right hand peninsula, lower left hand area on the coasts and islands, and the large spread out area by the Widewash Sea with the mix of decidious trees are the ones I like least. I agree darker may be better on some. Not sure about the trees in the north.

Nice job.

I am definitely considering re doing some forest area's with different trees as you get to more tropical area's. I'll do some research on tropical tree silhouettes, and come up with a bunch of shapes to put in.

Thanks for the corrections for Mnts, Snodsy. AND for saying transposed, rather then spelling error.

Shame on the rest of you! j/k.

Wouldn't Mtns stand for "Mountains" and Mnts stand for "Mounts", as in Rocky Mountains but Golan Mounts ? (sorry, not hijacking, just a quick question)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12