Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first experience of creating maps

Guild Novice

переделаю береговой контур и горы. это был черновой вариант... немного экспериментировал с рисунком и переборщил контрастности... на самом деле рисовал горы на карте первый раз) есть еще карта, которая пока что не получается так как хотелось бы. Карта Морского Пути из серии книг Елизаветы Дворецкой "Корабль во Фьорде"...

изменит контур на побережье и горы. это был проект версия ... немного поэкспериментировать с рисунком и отличие слишком далеко ... на самом деле нарисовал гору на карте впервые) есть карта, которая является то, что невозможно, так как мне бы хотелось. Карта Морского Пути в серии книг Элизабет Дворецкая "Корабль во фьорде" ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j2nQrUIJQ4o.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	76607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	????.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	461.3 KB 
ID:	76608
    Last edited by Sergey; 10-07-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Nice map, the type looks better on a slight curve instead on just an angle. No need for border at top for the Header Text. Good start.

Guild Novice

еще один вариант "Морского пути"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j2n?????????.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	76632

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

These are very nice! I suggest trying a different colour to separate more clearly the land from the sea. Thank you for posting them, have fun working with your son, it's a great experience!

cheers,
    Meshon

Мне нравится все больше и больше. Меshon дал толковый совет, возможно легкая синева на море и карта заиграет по новому. От себя добавлю, нужно на мой взгляд подчистить волны в местах, где они налезают на рисунки.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected CarnivorousJellybean's Avatar

That looks really good! I think it's awesome that you're helping your son to map out his world; he must think you're the best dad ever :)

If you don't want to colour the whole ocean, you could just outline the coast a bit. Like this, but without the colours on the land: http://www.helmink.com/Antique_Map_T...is_Asia_HR.jpg

That way, it's easier to know what is land and what is water. Harrg's advice about erasing the waves that are covering the monsters is a good idea too.
    If my username's too long, feel free to call me Emily

Guild Novice

another version of the world map Meanа (selected background - Leather)

Name:	1?????1 ??? ???????.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	76703

Mountain remade. for the next week shall insertthe name. I have not decided what to do with forests ... here is an example of what might be to draw ...

Attachment 76704
    Last edited by Sergey; 10-12-2015 at 03:11 PM.

you should try blending the map into that background more. I think it'd look for cooler if you used something like a color burn effect and blurred out the border a bit like its spreading into the skin and perhaps fade the borders out a little

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by CarnivorousJellybean View Post
    That looks really good! I think it's awesome that you're helping your son to map out his world; he must think you're the best dad ever

If you don't want to colour the whole ocean, you could just outline the coast a bit. Like this, but without the colours on the land: http://www.helmink.com/Antique_Map_T...is_Asia_HR.jpg

That way, it's easier to know what is land and what is water. Harrg's advice about erasing the waves that are covering the monsters is a good idea too.
    Это прекрасно. Я попробую

Guild Novice

Edit the name of localities and towns and carried out in the way the characters Merthin. Get maps - Travel through Gayniran

Name:	???????????.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	699.8 KB 
ID:	76781

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast