Thread: Hello! My name is...

Guild Applicant

Default Hello! My name is...

Dave Haun
    My first exposure to gaming was the Blue Box D&D in seventh grade gifted class, 1981. We moved on as quickly as the new editions came out, and branched off into Star Frontiers as well. In the Army a group of us played with a great DM who took our party to 18th level over the course of four years, in between the BattleTech and ShadowRun games. I had been the DM in High school, but he was a much better storyteller than I was. After the Army I played Ars Magica with a guy who wrote supplements for White Wolf, and met Jonathan Tweet at a convention. Then I finally got a girlfriend, married her, and was FAFIAted ( pardon the old fen reference ). Now the internet is allowing me to reconnect with those guys, Photoshop is allowing me to make things I only dreamed I could do, and my writing skills are polished. I have written over four thousand words on a new campaign setting that is heavily influenced by the hundreds of novels and webcomics I have read over the years. I hope it is original enough to publish, but even if not it will be interesting to share with my players.
    I'm looking forward to learning from you, what I have seen here is amazing!

Banned User

Hello Dave, welcome to the Guild! Do you plan to be making maps for your campaign? If so there are tons of tutorials around here to get you started!