Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Back to Easteorra (Overhaul & Coloration)

Mountains look great, and yeah, I feel your pain for those forests. They're pretty dense.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Mountains look great, and yeah, I feel your pain for those forests. They're pretty dense.
    I've tried doing less dense forests before and I never really was too happy with my results when I colored them. So this time I'm trying something different. No idea if it'll wok out, though...

What if some trees begin to break away from the mass of trees so it's a more gradual transition to the surrounding areas, not just the clumps?

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    What if some trees begin to break away from the mass of trees so it's a more gradual transition to the surrounding areas, not just the clumps?
    Could work. Since I'm completely redoing the outer trees - the old ones looked far too similar across the board- I might as well try that one out.

Still working on this. I'll try a completely new approach for the forests (new for me, that is^^) in the coming days.

I needed a change of pace from working on a set of battle/encounter maps, so I decided to try my hand at this again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTEORRA.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	89616

Wow this is gorgeous! As was your first map of course. I love all the landforms you've drawn in, especially those mesas and the extinct volcanic crater in the far southeast island. Maybe because all the volcanos drawn on fantasy maps seem to be active, which of course isn't usually the case on Earth (there's two inactive volcanos I can see from my bedroom window!). The only thing I'm not convinced by here is the river delta in the eastern portion- it seems too exaggeratedly stretched out and for some reason has a vaguely uncomfortable shape (if that makes any sense).

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
    Wow this is gorgeous! As was your first map of course. I love all the landforms you've drawn in, especially those mesas and the extinct volcanic crater in the far southeast island. Maybe because all the volcanos drawn on fantasy maps seem to be active, which of course isn't usually the case on Earth (there's two inactive volcanos I can see from my bedroom window!). The only thing I'm not convinced by here is the river delta in the eastern portion- it seems too exaggeratedly stretched out and for some reason has a vaguely uncomfortable shape (if that makes any sense).
    You're perfectly right to find the shape to be unnatural. It is unnatural, deliberately so. I will expand on the backstory a bit later.
    Me neither.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Loving all those mountains, Wired. Fantastic linework as usual!

That river system really does stand out, which just makes me all the more curious as to how it fits in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
    Make that three of us!

It´s a great project, wired and I see lots of talent, definitively !! Don´t stop before, it´s finished...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast