Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Back to Easteorra (Overhaul & Coloration)

Guild Expert

The statues are great, I love all the little details you're putting in this map, it's really inspiring. I'm curious... How much time have you put into this so far? Seems like an awful lot of work.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    The statues are great, I love all the little details you're putting in this map, it's really inspiring. I'm curious... How much time have you put into this so far? Seems like an awful lot of work.
    I don't know for sure, but it's certainly in excess of 40-50 hours. Labor of love. *shrugs* The setting grows and takes form with every time I load the file.

I'll probably try and go back again once the symbols are in place so I can redo some of them in Illustrator (in case I can reactivate my copy of that).
    Last edited by Wired; 12-20-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Okay, with the holidays and NYE over I started back with some work on this piece, adding a couple more locations. I know it's progress at a snail's pace, but it's still better than nothing. After all, I have to build a story around each new major locale to actually have it fit the setting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTEORRA Upload 5.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	90753

An impressive work Wired ! The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the two styles of trees that do not work that well together in my eye but that's a matter of taste. I look forward to see what you tackle next.

A little technical question : how did you do that much trees ? Paste and position or you used a quicker technique ? It's an interested question. i just completed a map with 30 000-ish individual trees (23 hours of dull work) and I've got one more to do. I'd really like to speed the process up (in fact I'll certainly have to redo an ancient map in that style ... a jungle map ...).

I'm afraid I used essentially the same dull, time-consuming approach you used. I created three individual trees, shading included, and then used the clone stamp tool. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I'm afraid I used essentially the same dull, time-consuming approach you used. I created three individual trees, shading included, and then used the clone stamp tool. A lot.
    Yeah, in french we'd say we're the "forçats de la carte"

Epic update, looking really really sick.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Yeah, in french we'd say we're the "forçats de la carte"
    Heh, quite a fitting term.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

Excellent work, Wired. A lot of detail and sososo many things to look at. I love the textures you've used for your ocean and landmass. Something I'd like to emulate in my work.

Impressive forests! I love the misty swamps... the mists are a really nice touch.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast