Thread: Whirlpools

Default Whirlpools

Greetings and salutations Cartographers!

I am a long time lurker on this fine forum enjoying the maps done by those much better than I. I have used Gidde's tutorial to much success as I like that style of map design. I have come up against an issue though and thought I would ask here.

I want to put a whirlpool (hence the title of the thread) on one of my maps but I lack the ability to draw one that doesn't make me wretch. I think once I may have seen a brush for one in the same style as the Gidde map tutorial produces again I think I did. Would one of you august personages know of something that might help me in my quandary?

Sheyd the Enquandarian!

Blog Entries

like these two very quickly done ones

in gimp 2.8.14 make a plasma noise , then use Iwarp ( built in plugin) to swirl it

each took about 1 min.
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I used a 3D program to create twisting and sinking water's surface for whirlpools in my maps. Here's a map that uses that - looking in the deepest cave in the following map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caverns-drawn-gridded.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	76271
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Thank you for your timely responses! I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you again!