Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
The resolution of the world map is 5800x2900. In the case of Urgaleon, it is the same as in the regional map I posted (1120x1010). I've been a bit reluctant to use Wilbur's Dilate+Erode for fear of losing details, but maybe if I do the Wilbur-processing at 2x resolution it becomes less of a problem.

Btw, here is how the world map looks like now (with the deglaciated topography):
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aduhr VI.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	5.00 MB 
ID:	137379

What is a bit of an issue are the "stretch marks" resulting from re-projecting the polar-centric equirectangular back to regular equirectangular via GProjector. While browsing through Worldbuilding Pasta's blog a while back, I noticed he had an alternate method of reprojecting maps, using a Python-script as I recall. I think the main benefit was the lack of GProjector's resolution limits, anyone tried out if it also produces less distortion?
This is way larger than my usual worldmaps as I cannot work with larger than 21 k maps , they crash wilbur and other tools I have may be because I would need a more powerfull pc?
Anyway one I found the resolution I used perfectly fine, but if you want you could select single continents , enlarge , work on them and higher res anth then rescale back.