Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, you could say that the islands are a result of previous drafts, as I mimicked the southern side of Indonesia when sculpting the initial forms of the landscape there. Partly it's also a leftover from the original tectonics draft. That said, I think the rationale behind it is sound, since a similarly island-heavy area does exist on Earth at the Australia-Eurasia-Pacific junction. Granted, perhaps I should add more micro-plates there, but they would "functionally" be a part of the larger Rheadan plate (in terms of overall movement direction).

As far as working further at the tectonics, I think the tectonics fulfils it's purpose, as it is intended to serve as "silent information" primarily for the purpose of building the actual topography. So, unless someone has any criticisms or suggestions to offer, I'll probably stick to the present version.

Although I am tempted to add a bit more land to the map, since at present I am at 27,2 % land area, which is a little low compared to 29,1 % for Earth.
    Last edited by Charerg; 10-06-2015 at 09:32 AM.