Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: September 2015 Challenge: City of Venora

This is so cool, nice coloring.I like the lighter color one just feels good. You should kern the V and E closer together and if you can hang the beginning quote and allow the Text to align, it would look better.

Here goes. Will work on this some more after this challenge, but here is what could be called finished version 1.

I'm really happy with what I managed to produce in just three days. Just wish that I would have had time to start earlier this month to really dig deep! Might not be as stunning as many of the other entries produced this month, but as always with these challenges, such a great learning exercise

And thanks for all the kind words during the short process. Really helped in maintaining the speed!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City 10 s.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	76472
    Last edited by tainotim; 10-01-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: changed typo

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

Dang. There's no way I can top this map. The Shakespearean references offer a strong appeal to my literary nerdiness. The fact that this a city map is a powerful statement of your ability; I find that category too intimidating to even try. Then there's the hand-drawn artistry, which blows away anything I can chicken-scratch with my paws. This is a great piece, and all the more impressive that you put it together in less than 72 hours! I salute your effort, sir. You have my vote, sir. Have some rep.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 10-01-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries

This map is beautiful. I think #4 should be titled "21 June, Thieves on the Roofs" as opposed to "21 June, Thief's on the Roofs" if you're up to making typo corrections.

As amazing as this map is, I don't know how well it fits with the prompt: open brawling and confrontation on the streets (plus murder/killing in the gardens) violates the definition of a "Cold" War, in my opinion.

Nevertheless, what you can do in three days is nothing short of outstanding! Steve Harvey (host of Family Feud) would be proud.
    Last edited by foremost; 10-01-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123