Thread: The Kingdom of Pharlas

Default The Kingdom of Pharlas

Had a small bit of the coastline drawn from a bit of practice a few days ago while trying out my new copic multiliner pens and decided while on a lunchbreak today to roll with the idea. I eventually ended up with this. Any feedback is welcome! Hope you enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AbUHMtr.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	76205

Wow, it's coming along really well Redleg. The linework is really smooth and doesn't obstruct from the labeling.

I looks nice, the sea is good and I like the hills. One thing though are the mountains, they are made in this line that just looks a bit too uniform. i would either add some ridges on the sides of the peaks or a couple of smaller mountain chains to the right to give a sense of depth.

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Yea I agree. My logic at the time was "The cartographer that made this map of the kingdom could only see a small portion of the mountain range that enclosed the Eastern end of the kingdom. Not sure that helps, but that was my approach. I typically like making a character that inhabits the world he or she is mapping and think about the human (sometimes non-human) issues that arise when mapping regions.