Thread: Highlands

Wip Highlands

This is a small highland experimentation I created in few hours. I'm not sure whether this one will have any habitation or not but I'll go for the trees and plants next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	748.9 KB 
ID:	77987  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I really like the light and shadow in this one - it gives the sense of being late in the evening.

Added some trees, but not sure whether I like them or not. There is a slight problem with the shadowing, but I don't this that's the reason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	752.4 KB 
ID:	77991  

Looking good as usual Pasis. The forests look nice to me, although you've done other forest styles that I like as well (I think I like the forests you did for J.B. Springs best).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I really like the light and shadow in this one - it gives the sense of being late in the evening.
    Indeed that was my aim, but it kinda bit me in my own leg as I couldn't create forest etc with the same feel.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Looking good as usual Pasis. The forests look nice to me, although you've done other forest styles that I like as well (I think I like the forests you did for J.B. Springs best).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I'm surprised you liked the J.B. Springs forest the best. I personally thought thought the forest was too hard edged, but I'm glad there are different tastes.

Could it be, pasis, that your problem with the forests is that they appear to be a scale that makes the rest of the map much smaller than "highlands" suggests?... With those forests in place, what I really see are a sort of escarpments, maybe 100m high.

Indeed you might be right on this. I'll give it a go with some trees I have obtained from Dundjinni. If they work, I'll create some trees of my own and post an update.