Thread: Commission for Epic Fantasy Novel

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Commission for Epic Fantasy Novel

Hello! My name is Fiona, and I am a novelist. I've published the first two books of an urban fantasy trilogy, and the first book of a historical/romance/sci-fi series. I'm currently working on what I hope will be an epic high fantasy series.

Anyway, I say all that because I want you to understand that I am not by any stretch of the imagination an artist. I rely on talented folks to help me since I honestly could not draw to save my life. So I come to you, Cartographers, to draw me a map.

I'm willing to pay $200, via Paypal. Half up front, and half upon completion.

Subject

Attached is a *very* rough idea of what I need. (Please, please don't laugh. Again, not an artist. And yes, that is a post-it note.) It's vaguely the shape of England, Scotland, and Wales, which is what I want.

There are five countries, mountains in the north, hills in the west and south, a great big swamp in the south east, large-ish forest directly north of the swamp, a large and fertile plains area from the west to east in the center of the country, and a smallish forest along the foothills of the moutains in the northeast. There are two lakes, one large on the western plains and one smaller one north of the smallish forest. There are also two rivers, one flowing from each lake to the eastern sea shore. The rivers meet and form one large river just north of the large-ish forest.

The large dots represent capital cities, and the smaller ones towns. The straight line over the letter I is a canal.

Style

I am looking for something with an antique feel. Not full color, though, since it'll be going in both ebooks and print books. Something like the attached antique map.

Quality & Size

I definitely want a professional-looking map, since my name will be on the book. I'd like JPGs that are suitable for ebook, print, and my website as well. I'm uncertain as to size or vector or whatever. Hopefully the artist will know what would be best.

Time Constraints

Ideally, I'd like it by the end of the year, but I've just begun work on the book and don't have a deadline in mind, there isn't really a firm time constraint.

Copyright

I reserve the right to use the image for commercial purposes, and the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details

fiona(at)fiona-skye(dot)com

Thanks so much!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	very rough map.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	923.6 KB 
ID:	76404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map5.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	76405

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

This commission has been TAKEN.

Thanks so much to everyone who responded.