Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

I'm an experienced DM getting into the more detailed aspects of what it takes to run a good tabletop game. I've been testing the waters with various shared homebrew lately at babblingmimer.tumblr.com (if you have any feedback/requests/comments I'd love to hear them!), but I'm trying to move out of the homebrew monsters right now. What's caught my eye lately are dungeons. I'm trying to take a more abstract look at what it takes to make a good/enjoyable dungeon from the flow of the gameplay to the flavor of the dungeon to the encounters within. I actually found my way here when looking for articles on it, specifically linked through /r/dnd's sidebar. I hope to release a few dungeon maps as time goes on and get some feedback while I learn.

Thanks!

Banned User

Hello rchaining, Welcome to the Guild!

There is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, you can find lots of other tutorials on dungeonmaking and you should be well on your way!