Hey there to everyone...

First a short introduction for new readers:

Maward is a worldbuilding effort that has been going on for a while. There are several WIP threads around here, where you can follow the world taking shape, mostly this one. Worldbuilding to the level of detail that I am trying to achieve is a lenghty task, and it's the constant interaction with fellow worldbuilders around this guild that fuels new ideas and leaps forward.. I have so far worked on tectonics and climate, this is to say, I have so far decided how the landscape is (in some parts of the world, others are unfinished business)

If you're interested, follow the likes of groovey, akubra, vorropohaiah, randigpanzrall, etc (there are many many!)

Now, for those already in context... following the most recent trend in the ongoing discussion I keep with groovey, he "made" me consider the early milennia of Maward. By early millenia, I mean the rise of agriculture, cattle herding, urban settlement, centralized state societies, writing and bronze working - i.e., the rise of civilizations. The following posts in this thread are a sort of step by step process that took me to a couple of finished maps.