Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain Pass

Only a small update this time. Tweaked the water a bit and by adding some waves etc. It is better now, but I need to do some more modifications after I get the surroundings finished and I know how they will match up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain pass 05.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	279.5 KB 
ID:	76879  

Latest update to show where I am at the moment in overall. Still long way to go...

Name:	Mountain pass 06.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	76901  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Aw, man, I tried to reproduce your style with your guides, but I might be too impatient/stupid! This looks awesome. That's the exact kind of map that let's my imagination run wild. Looking forward to seeing how this'll urn out, although to me it looks as good as finished (at least to my awe-blinded eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by Llannagh View Post
    Aw, man, I tried to reproduce your style with your guides, but I might be too impatient/stupid! This looks awesome. That's the exact kind of map that let's my imagination run wild. Looking forward to seeing how this'll urn out, although to me it looks as good as finished (at least to my awe-blinded eyes).
    I'm glad this got your imagination running. I'm always making my maps in adventure oriented way and thinking of possible stories that could be created around the map.
    You said you did try the guides. Try again with something simple a small, throw in something of you own, polish it and enjoy the process. That is the way I had to do it. I have countless pieces that are not that good, but I have always learned something along the way.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pasis View Post
    Try again with something simple a small, throw in something of you own, polish it and enjoy the process. That is the way I had to do it. I have countless pieces that are not that good, but I have always learned something along the way.
    I did yesterday, actually. And lo and behold, with a little more patience and time I seem to be getting the hang of it. I've always thought about using textures in mapmaking, but never really had an idea how to do it, so thanks for the input! And sorry for the whining!

Slowly getting things in place. But I quess I should settle for less details as this is taking too long.

Name:	Mountain pass 07.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	77050  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12