Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: City of Hills

Tainotim you are just amazing, your town maps, droool, they just keep getting better and better. This will be such a beauty, cant wait to see it finished.

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Big thanks friends. Time is really slipping away, and haven't had time to do much on this. To be able to finish this in time, I sketched most of the city out during the weekend, and will fill it out during this week so I can start coloring. Will be close to the deadline to finish this, but should work out

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city of hills 8.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	77438

It's looking great T.
    Keep it up. This is going to be incredible.

This looks so amazing so far!

Everything's great! And of course, I love the bridges !

Big thanks everyone! Your kind words are very warming

To speed up the processes I will have to go do detailing when the whole thing is outlined. Here is another update!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city of hills 9.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.91 MB 
ID:	77467

Another update! A big leap from the last post, completely forgot to scan it. The city as a whole has taken shape, and I've done the first "layer" of detailing (the dreaded window-process is finally over). Tomorrow I intend to finish the BW draft with the remaining detail, and add surrounding villages etc, and shadow. Hopefully I will manage to do all that so I can focus on coloring during the last days of the challenge, and if time permits, draw a fancy frame

Feedback is much appreciated, and while I'm at it, any last detail suggestion or ideas are very welcome

ps/ please ignore the blurry streak in the center, it's from the quick scan.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city of hills 10 s.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	77539

This is fantastic. I'm running out of adjectives to describe how great it is!! I love what you're doing here and I'm really enjoying watching the city grow.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Great work! Are you doing a key or label it directly?

Thanks Ilanthar and Chickpea, the support helped me get through the last part of the inking process. Behind on my schedule – so I guess I have my weekend booked for the coloring. Anyhow, here goes nothing, this is what came out in the end.

Concerning labeling, I'm not certain how I will do it, or the title for that matter. This part is always a struggle for me on these kinds of maps. My initial idea is to make some kind of scroll and have in it the bottom left or right corner (inside the frame, so it would cover the buildings there). Any suggestions concerning this are more than welcome

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Ps/first one to find the camel-giraffe will have their very own mansion. Happy hunting!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city of hills 11 s.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	77605

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast