Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP - New-Stetven, capital city of Brevoy

Narolas - look at some of my old maps... we all grow and improve. All of us.
    Sometimes I cringe when I see my old work.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Keep it up, you seem to be on the right track here! And to echo my esteemed colleague, there's some of my old maps I would be scared to look at So no worry you'll keep improving eventually.

I know that's what I mean, if i'm cringing when looking at a map that means I've gotten better, I see it as a good thing
    Next on the TODO list is city planning (finally), aka walls, quarters, blocks etc. The actual fun part!

Very nice improvement Narolas! The forests are good now, and I'm looking forward to see the many pretty buildings.
    And, well, as everyone, I've my lot of old scary maps ! Sometimes it itches so much that I can't help myself but redo them.

Not really sure about your water ripples. They're too squared off - you could try using the smooth selection tool after expanding it when making the ripples.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Yup, good idea.
    Honestly the more I detailed the forest the more other elements stated looking out of place, the water ripples is one of them.
    Thanks for the feedback !

Guild Journeyer

Liking your workd here Narolas. Also the forests here look lot better than in your previous city map. Will be following your work!

Fairly busy these days, but some slow progress nonetheless.
    I'm done with the bridge, might add some more detail later on if I feel like it.
    Started planning the walls and some of the bigger buildings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_7.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	77215

Happy with the bridge, not super happy with how the wall around the northern hill would look, it kinda flattens the whole thing and makes it harder to read it as a hill, or something, it's weird.
    Thoughts ?

It's been a little while, but some progress on the city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_8.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	77369

The inner city is the most properly lined (but nowhere close to final), the outskirts and other details are just rough planning for now.
    I'm kinda wondering how i'm going to actually represent the city blocks and buildings, because while it'll be easy for the center (big, smooth city blocks), I have no idea how i'm going to draw the messy chaotic slums (especially at the north-east), there's a lot of empty space and after a point it's pretty much individual buildings, so...

Not sure, I don't want to spend a billion years drawing each individual building, any ideas on how to represent the slums ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast