Thread: WIP - New-Stetven, capital city of Brevoy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Wow, it's been a while!

I've been busy doing other stuff for a while, but I recently got a new computer and opened up this map again, I can now more easily work on it without having Photoshop taking 30 seconds to register every stroke, so that's helping.

Anyway, since I haven't updated this thread for a long time there's been quite a few changes !

Here goes :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_11.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	4.88 MB 
ID:	81812

It's a little low-quality, the psd file is freaking huge, I could only export the Jpeg to medium quality to keep it under 5Mb.

higher quality : HERE

I've increased the image size, so I now can draw each individual building, I'm still not sure how much detail I should put (don't want it to be too busy), but I can at least line the buildings in black, It's pretty easy to do on top of the existing blocks, and then probably some light colouring/shading to keep it subtle.

I definitely will go back and re-draw a bunch of stuff, because now that I've increased the size it looks blurry. A lot of the terrain (cliffs, forests) looks good enough (tell me if you think it's too blurry), but a lot of the buildings, details and such will be re-drawn (there's not a lot that's final anyway).

Feedback very welcome!
    Last edited by Narolas; 03-31-2016 at 12:18 AM.