Hi Freesong!

Yes, much flatness, few details. When I first began playing around with GIMP and mapping, I merely intended to provide myself and perhaps a professional mapper a reference, so I was more concerned with some details (cities, major land features, story settings) and less with others - those missing from my map

However, after I got started and got into it, I really began to enjoy myself and decided I wanted to learn a bit more about mapping and such, so I applied for membership to this fine guild and here I be.

I'll still likely only use the maps I create for reference, though who knows, I may get good enough to create my own publishable maps! That's why I'm here, really, to learn and get better at what I've decided is not just fun, but another good way to flesh out parts of my story. Creating the map and reading critical suggestions make me think deeply about my stories and give me ideas for subplots and historical nuances that I probably would not have thought of on my own.

So, thank you for your feedback and know that I take it all to heart and it helps me to create a deeper, more interesting world!