Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fb and Twitter - suggestions for CG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fb and Twitter - suggestions for CG

As ChickPea and I are getting started with posting to Twitter and FB I was curious to see which platform you all use.
    I've seen a lot of names I know on FB. Don't have a twitter account so I'm not sure who all is on there.
    Is there anything you would like to see more of on either platform?
    Any thoughts or suggestions are warmly welcome.

Banned User

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be caught dead on either one

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be caught dead on either one
    Then I guess you're not the audience I'm looking for Chick.

But thank you for responding.

I only use Fb, from time to time, but I'm planning to open a twitter account sooner.
    I really appreciate all the works your guys are doing lately!!

I use both but I actually do not own a Twitter account.
    But, is it going to be used to keep members informed or to promote the site?

Thanks Leso and Azelor.
    I think it is to be some of both.
    I know we are trying to increase viewers and visitors to the site, but we were also trying to get back to a level of informing on relevant site things such as challenge starts and closes/voting, updates relating to site changes or outages, site upgrades and such. If/when we get into anything related to possible site merchandise [for site maintenance revenue] that would also be there. As well as all that, we were also trying to post maps people might have missed which helps to promote those making the maps.

And I also asked here so that if anyone had suggestions for things they would like to see they could comment to let us know.

Do you have things in particular that would be helpful if we were updating about Azelor?

Well, the main page hasn't been updated for a year. And it only had a handful of messages in 2014 and 2013. Maybe that is something that could be improved?
    It's the first thing people might see we they arrive and they see no update for a year or so. It gives a bad first impression. At least, that's what I think if I see this on a site I'm not used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Well, the main page hasn't been updated for a year. And it only had a handful of messages in 2014 and 2013. Maybe that is something that could be improved?
    It's the first thing people might see we they arrive and they see no update for a year or so. It gives a bad first impression. At least, that's what I think if I see this on a site I'm not used to.
    Thanks Azelor.
    That's part of the things that we're working on. ChickPea is putting together a newsletter to post and I think Diamond has an update too.
    Robbie is trying to get us acquainted with what content and how to go about doing it so we can do it regularly.
    So we will be trying to be much more active with new content to the front page as well.

Facebook..waaay too much
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

I don't use facebook but I do use Twitter and have noticed the increase in CG activity in my twitter feed which is nice. Perhaps you could use it to tweet a random "map of the day" amongst other things. No real criteria, just whatever from the finished maps forum. Maybe a focus on newer or lesser known members too. We have a lot of people who make awesome stuff but the Cartographers Choice isn't particularly frequent and I think this would be an nice way to show off other people's work and give them encouragement. I follow a couple of people/accounts that do the thing of the day (I love Old English Wordhord for example!) and it's nice to see what things come up.

Also I agree the front page needs some love. It may give some people the impression than this place is far less active than it really is.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast