Thread: The Gulf of Alaska

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

How is the etching going Cuin? Eager to see how this turns out. The drafting you have posted looks very cool (And difficult)
    Thanks for sharing enthusiasm! Good news is that I did the etching, but I was not able to finish in the class last week. I have another portion of the etching to do with the aquatint technique. So, I was not able to make any prints, let alone finish the typography. I don't have another class until 12/5. I'll have to wait until then to do final work, printing and post-printing calligraphy. I'll have to drop from the contest. I thought it would be tight. That's ok though, I've learned so much this being my first experience with etching and discovered quite a bit of "I'll do that next time" educational experiences.

Anyhow, I'll share the current plate that shows all line work that has been etched. The aquatint will finish the mountains in the landscape backdrop. I'm really happy with how this turned out and am looking forward to developing an archaic expertise. Here's a photo of the plate.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	etch.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	77704
    Last edited by Cuin; 11-28-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: picture imported upsidedown
    Cheers,
    Cuin

----------------------
    on instagram at cuin_the_cartographer