Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
Given I am running 64 bit, do you have some links to the list or can show what I might have to look out for. I have been running 64 bit for about 2 years now and I have to say its been excellent though I don't stoop so low as to use MS Office. In the beginning it was sometimes difficult to get drivers for some stuff and that is still true for old/out of date hardware but all new stuff seems fine.
The best thing I can recommend is just Google it. There is honestly so much information I wouldn't know where to begin. I believe the latest reports came from WindowsSecrets.com. From there you should find some others reports and of course look at TechNet and the MS Knowledge Base as there are some articles in there about compatibility and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
Unlike Apple? I would have gotten a Mac, but it still ****es me off that they are so damn far behind on java AND you have to upgrade OS's to get the latest java version to work. AND have to pay extra money on top of all that for near equal hardware...
Oh, don't get me wrong, they aren't much better in many areas, but at least their release dates tend to be more accurate than MS's.

On a related topic, I am enjoying the heck out of the warring ads from both companies especially having the intimate knowledge I do. Has anyone gone to the website referenced in the "Mohave" ads from MS? It just shows what a farce that whole marketing angle is especially if you have used the various versions of Vista at the technical level. Of course the Mac ads are just as entertaining considering all the problems the iPhone has been having and as jfrazierjr pointed out all the stuff they don't tell you regarding how much you are going to pay in the long run if you want to keep up.