46. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

41 89.13%
  • no

5 10.87%

Thread: Design a map for print

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Great Idea! And very supportive Game Printer.

I'm in Guelph Ontario - near Toronto. I'm curious about postage to my place - not like I'm planning to win or anything . More like I'd like to support your business.

Assuming something comes of this, anything we should do about size for the upload\download of these things? How bout a smaller view and a larger link (perhaps off site)? People could post WIP views but save site space for their final work?

Sigurd
    Last edited by Sigurd; 10-21-2008 at 07:49 AM.

Post Shipping to Canada from US is not expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Great Idea! And very supportive Game Printer.

I'm in Guelph Ontario - near Toronto. I'm curious about postage to my place - not like I'm planning to win or anything . More like I'd like to support your business.

Assuming something comes of this, anything we should do about size for the upload\download of these things? How bout a smaller view and a larger link (perhaps off site)? People could post WIP views but save site space for their final work?

Sigurd
    I've shipped maps to Canada via US Mail and UPS, both relatively inexpensive, in the $10 USD range. I ship maps in a mailing tube. I've got regular clients in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Winnepeg.

Just so you know, I charge $2.99 per square foot for color printing, thus a 24 x 36 map is priced at $17.94 per map. ($4.50 more for lamination.)

Regarding uploading files, I can create a temporary FTP directory allowing you to FTP upload, give you a temp password. Or you can find any of several sites dedicated to temporary upload and storage of files for online access. Both ways work fine.

For the challenge, if there is one using this, I'd say upload a lower res version for posting and voting, or an extremely compact JPG version at 300 dpi. Be sure to have the ability to export at the preferred resolution and dimensions for the map, if you win.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-21-2008 at 06:37 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Post Next question...

Whichever challenge idea gets to be for this month - as in BryGuy's suggested Space Map - is it still possible to create a map for print, as in this suggestion?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations