Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
My only nitpick would be about the parchment border which is a bit blurry.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Because the edge was uneven it looked quite pixellated, so I blurred it a bit but I think I went too far. The black shadow underneath doesn't help eihter. I'll take another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freodin View Post
How did you make the dotty pattern in the ocean?
I did it the hard way by randomly tapping over the canvas then using the offset filter to create a seamless pattern. It should have been mindlessly boring, but it actually felt mildly theraputic.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
I just have a note on the river vertically on the island on the left. His sources do not fit in harmoniously with your mountains. Good work.
I guess you mean the left hand tributary of the bottom river? Hmmm, it does just kinda start from nowhere! I can probably have it come out from behind the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I don't think the mountains are at the same par yet. You're using a stroke that seems to be far thicker and the overall scale of this is hard to read when you put so many peaks together in the middle of every island.
I'm using a 2px hard brush in Gimp. If I go down to 1px it starts to look horribly pixellated. I can't recall right now, but I possibly have some other setting that's thickening it. I know the smoothing is set quite high. Not sure offhand if that makes a difference.

Do you think I'd be better with fewer mountains, perhaps spread out more widely? Or fewer lines within the mountains I have?

By the way, scale concerning, are these Britain-sized islands or more of a small-archipelago-in-the-ocean?
Archipelago size. I envisioned the entire map area to be around 80 miles wide x 50 high (very roughly 130x80km)

(By the way no.2, and off-topic... where is Sunny-Scotland? I know Scotland, I've been to Scotland, but I have never heard of Sunny Scotland )
Hahaha! Sunny Scotland is where my hopes, dreams and unabashed optimism live!