Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate gaming table?

When I heard you guys talking about the ultimate gaming table... I first pictured this.

http://www.agyris.net/v3/ugt/table_gallery/default.asp

I thought it would really set a great mood for any game.

I think that was one of the very first "ultimate gaming tables" I saw. He's been promising plans for a long time - not that I would actually build it as I have no place to put it, but might some day.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yeah. I remember it from several years back, and you are right, at that time he was promising plans as well.

I have a place to put it now, but my gaming partners are scattered over three states and we would never use it anyway. The internet has become my gaming table and works pretty well.

So then you must use MapTool as well?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

There are about 40 odd roleplay by internet apps y'know... tsk

Anyway your all waaaay off. Give some propeller heads a huge wadge of military greenbacks and told to make a gaming table of real awesomeness then nothing and I mean nothing compares to this one by Grumman.

Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dz2xpCJVU

Just in case you missed the utter awesomeness of this bit of sillyness - at the press of a virtual button it uses hundreds of pneumatic rods to generate the surface in real 3D.

Last edited by Redrobes; 10-30-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Yea, but can a miniature stand on the surface without tumbling and can you imagine the havoc of rolling dice on that surface?

That is seriously awesome!

Guild Member

Actually, it didn't seem that rediculous... an over-head projector over a flexible screen (notice that whenever they reach out, the image is ontop of their hands).

I mean, come on... if they can make monitors like this they can co-ordinate the table to flex based on the 3D data.

That being said, I still want one

Blog Entries

Sure, its just the gazillion pneumatic actuators thats silly.

Heres the now infamous cheap wii touch screen movie just in case anyone is possibly left on the net who hasn't seen it yet. Cool in a different way.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5s5EvhHy7eQ

That settles my "what current gen console to get" pondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkaen View Post
    Comine that with some sort of Microsoft Surface technology table, and then you are talking
    "Microsoft Windows Surface Edition hasn't bugged for half an hour. MS Windows Surface Edition will then have a routine bug."

I'd definitly hate my table to have a blue screen...
    Back to business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12