Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isolde-Delta Continent Map (Finished)

Might you consider working on a new map at some point? Perhaps to expand on one of the existing areas within your map, or something like that?
    My humble apologies for not seeing your query ChickPea. I'll share the long and short of it -

In truth, I have had one idea, a crazy lunatic fringe of a thought stirred up by the recent continuation of play in my Isolde-Delta. I blame it on the dwarf sitting in my cerebral cortex, smoking a stogie and only halfheartedly paying attention to the monitors *bzzzzzt*get to the point!*blerk* oh yeah...while the timeline for Isolde is currently 740DF, I've been heavily considering creating an alternate Isolde that is set 1200 years in the past, during one of my campaigns most historic moments - "The Geomancer Wars". By doing so I can show the changes to the continent, and also use it for play "when and if" my current campaign inexplicably shifts back to that time*cue the creepy Cthulhu music*.

Of course, the larger plan would be to have twin maps hanging side by side on the wall. *quiet moment staring off into space*..so the short answer is yes.

Cheers and thanks again,
    B.B.

Excellent! I like your idea of having a map from the past, and it would look wonderful hanging on the wall next to your other map. I hope you can start on this sometime soon, and share your process with us as you work on it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Blog Entries

Very nice map & story!
    Have some rep for all that.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

Great Map. Congratulations on Printing out the Map. It looks fantastic.
    I have always wanted a Dedicated Gameroom where I could display printed maps on the Wall.
    Someday I will print out at least 1 Map I have designed.
    Amazing how Game inspired so many of us to become Cartographers
    I too am from amoung the Original players of Dungeons and Dragons..since 1978
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Guild Applicant

Default Map

Incredible map! Love the details. Awesome job and many thanks for the hard work.

Guild Apprentice Cartography Dragon's Avatar

That is a wonderful map. I'm sure it helps your games come to life, because just sitting here I want to create stories in my head about it, the map inspires the imagination. And your story - wow. That is dedication. Congratulations on completing this lovely map.
    A dragon with a penchant for mapmaking

I somehow missed the last few comments on this project so I wanted to chime in with an update and personally thank each of you who have responded. Your comments and feedback have truly been wonderful. Thank you!

Since this was first finished and mounted on the wall, my group of three dedicated gamers have explored only a small portion of the map - the southeast corner to be precise. We've just passed our 1 year anniversary using this map and while my table sits under a central ceiling fan with lights about 10 feet away, the amount of times we reference the map during a session is just amazing. One gamer bought me a laser pointer to use when I reference either a story or associated place on the map - talk about a time saver.

I can humbly recommend it for anyone who has a similar setup.

I've been working on various dungeon levels on my long-term recreation project of The Castle of the Bloated One (from my original 1977 campaign), and for more updates on it your more than welcome to visit my blog listed below.

Cheers and thanks!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Absolutely great. Glad it came to fruition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12