Thread: Eridia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected TT1's Avatar

Help [WIP] Need help with Eridia project

Hey guys!

So, as I said in my presentation, 20 years ago I started an RPG scenario (at the time, AD&D): a planet called Eridia. I was only 13 years and together with a friend, we made a map drawn from several sheets glued together and we draw the continent in ink.

At the time I had no understanding of planet formation or continental formation, then the main continent of Eridia (a much colder world than Earth), was quite large. So 10 years ago I wrote all Eridia mythology and this year I felt a strong desire to write short stories in this world, so I decided to publish: I will actually write everything. I invited an expert friend in medievalism and another friend, specializing in fantasy and African culture and we will publish, write and publish as soon as possible. I also want to post online some short stories based on Eridia mythology.

Although my original map has sentimental value, I feel I can not go with it because it presents several classic and childish mistakes (I'm posting here as curiosity). So in my inability to produce a world around him, I decided to go ahead and create a world in FT, which pleased me enough. I only have the intention of using the island continent to my original continent, for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orignalmap_pt1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	77441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orignalmap_pt2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	77442Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orignalmap_pt3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	77443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orignalmap_pt4.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	77444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eridia.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	77447

But too late, after reading quite a lot here in CG, I discovered that used the function "Ridged Multifractal", which I understand to be a discouraged function. I do not need a gorgeous map, since my goal is to use to describe the regions. If it is correct and pleasant, it is enough for me. So, I have some questions for you:

1) Looking at the map I created on FT, it's okay with it, or I should actually generate a new world with "Wilbur Ridged Multifractal"?

2) I'm clearly panicked and indecisive about what to do after generating my world in the FT, because of the huge amount of information available. There are many tutorials suggesting do several things as fill basin, erosion and incise flow. What is the most satisfactory method you personally use to shape the terrain?

3) What is the most satisfactory method you use to generate rivers?

Thank you all. It is a pleasure to share my journey in creating Eridia with you.
    Last edited by TT1; 11-17-2015 at 09:45 AM.