Thread: Setting World Map (5 Continents +)

Default Setting World Map (5 Continents +)

Subject and Style:

This commission is for a full setting world map of roughly earth's dimensions featuring five major continents, a large equatorial rift, and a smattering of various islands, arctic landmasses, etc.. For this purpose, I do have a large, rather ugly photoshop image I cobbled together myself which, while missing some details that were added to the setting later on and needing a few other tweaks, should be an excellent starting point as far as getting the general lay of the land.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGr9Chl.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	696.4 KB 
ID:	77449

The second attached image is along the lines of the aesthetic I'm aiming for, though pulling back on the level of detail wouldn't be a deal-breaker. This particular example's a bit busy, which I realize equates to significantly more work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eorzea-map.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	819.2 KB 
ID:	77448

Quality and Size:

I've no clear idea of what the difference is between professional and semiprofessional by the standards of such a specialized site, so I'm perfectly happy to simply judge based on past work on a case-by-case basis. This will primarily be used on the web, so no special considerations for print media will be necessary.

I'd like this map to fit a 16:9 resolution screen. From a bit of research, 3840x2160 seems about the right size to fit that ratio while still allowing a fair amount of zoom to inspect individual details.

If possible, I'd love to have individual images of the continents by the end of the project. Transparent-backed cutouts of each major region would be the best.

Time frame:

Entirely open. This isn't fitting into any specific project that requires it by any given time. Fast is awesome, but not strictly necessary.

Copyright:

I've done a bit of digging through the copyright materials provided by the very helpful example thread on this site, and as far as I can see, I have no specific need of the copyrights to the map itself as it stands. The image(s) will be posted alongside setting information on deviantArt (and potentially elsewhere) with full artist credit, and there are no plans to have any sort of paid materials made with this artwork on my end.

If the artist wishes to post the finished work in a portfolio, that's perfectly fine. If it goes up on any more casual platforms, a link to the written material would be much appreciated, but is still entirely up to them.

Payment:

A sticky subject, I would imagine. I can't seem to find any specific numbers floating around any of the other requests (archived and current) I've checked out, but my budget isn't especially limited, so if you're willing to do a bit of haggling dependent on your skills on offer and the amount of effort involved, I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement.

-----

This being my first post here, PM's don't seem to be an option. If you're interested in working on this, sending an email to uberphishstudios (at) gmail (dot) com ought to get you through to me. Thanks for checking this out in any case. Any further questions/comments about this commission are welcome!

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I'm potentially interested, however, I could start only as soon as January.
    I'd give priority to anyone else interested, sounds like a good job. If no one else will or the late starting point isn't a dealbreaker for you; I'd be interested, too.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Hi uberphish,

I just sent you an email regarding this project.

All the best
    James

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

FYI - This request has now been taken.