Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erebus (commission map)

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    What about changing the white color to an aged yellow/brown parchment-y color (not too dark) and then adding a black outer glow (again, not too dark)?
    Diamond, thank you for the suggestion. I tried this, and it did look quite good, in fact better than I expected, but I would never discount any suggestion from someone of your skill

It looks real nice, but to my eye it makes the map very subdued. So I tried lightening the parchment color by degrees, and each one looked better to me, until I finally got to white. White looked the best to me even with the dark glow you suggested, it just makes the map brighter. So I sent a parchment-colored one to my client and asked which he liked best, and he stuck with the pure white one. So I'm going to chalk this one up to personal taste. I like the more striking look of the bright white, but I do see exactly what you are saying about a less stark look as well.

Thank you for taking the time to think about this and make the suggestion! I'm sure it will be a factor for me in the future

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

No problemo. I think we're all biased as artists by what we find appealing, so always take suggestions with a grain of salt and disregard freely (obviously).

Great map Chick! You really have a talent for making your maps feel like they are have a great scale. It's something I've always struggled with achieving, so I envy that. Also, the maelstrom is awesome

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Great map Chick! You really have a talent for making your maps feel like they are have a great scale. It's something I've always struggled with achieving, so I envy that. Also, the maelstrom is awesome

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    What a nice thing to say, tainotim! I really appreciate such comments from someone of your skill!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12