Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammerwald - My First World Map

Banned User

I think you should read this -- How to Get Your Rivers in the Right Place: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3822
    -- before the River Police stop by to explain that rivers don't split going downstream, they don't empty into the sea in multiple mouths, they don't have channels that connect two separate rivers, and lakes have an outlet to the sea.

It's a pretty map, but it needs to feel real. Here is another thread that might also help with that -- The Most Common Reality Errors: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=30156 . You can always claim "magic" if you want to do silly things, but if you know the geology, you won't have to

Guild Novice

Thank you!

Guild Novice

Thanks Obbehobbe, I did agonise over whether to make them dark or light. That was a result of not making up my mind when starting if I wanted to make it realist or hand drawn - lesson learned!

Thanks, Chick, I will look into the rivers. It's a whole new discipline. I did one area which is supposed to be large swampy, marshy area, which has multiple outlets to the sea, but I didn't show it as such, so I can see how it looks wrong.
    Last edited by Jason Juta; 11-29-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Guild Novice

Hi Dwalus, until I've earned the right to PM on here, please shoot me an email at jason@jasonjuta.com, and I'll reply from there. Thanks!

Can anyone explain why when I make a quick reply to a post, it adds it at the end of this thread. It's very annoying!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Juta View Post
    Can anyone explain why when I make a quick reply to a post, it adds it at the end of this thread. It's very annoying!
    You can use the quote option to show a reply to a specific comment. You can also set an option to show threads with the latest post first or threaded if you wish (Settings, General Settings, Thread Display Options, Thread Display Mode). Help is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/fa...thread_display

Beautiful map and very nice illustrations! The icy regions and the desert are particularly top-notch.

Wonderful map! colorful, and very illustrative! I expecially like the simple but original style of the nations crests! take some rep!

Very 'warm' map, I like it!

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by lesopeso View Post
    Wonderful map! colorful, and very illustrative! I expecially like the simple but original style of the nations crests! take some rep!
    Thank you, I appreciate it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12