Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***November/December 2015 Challenge: Hidroth Lea***

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This is already so good Arsheesh. It's going to be so spectacular once completed.
    Will there be homes of lesser income, within or outside the walls?
    Cities are time consuming - stay strong in the fight.
    Thanks J, I definitely plan on finishing this map, though I doubt I'll have time to do so before the contest ends.

Yes, this was intended to be a town of mixed income. There are estates of the nobles / nouveau riche to the east, the business / artisan district in the center and along the main road (market street), and the income homes to the south-west, with sundry other things filling in the rest.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Hey arsheesh, wonderful work!
    I'm utterly impressed by the image resolution: your photo-real style is more realistic than a real orthophoto!

This realistic style is something I've never been able to do myself. It looks really nice and I'm glad to hear you'll still finish it even if you don't meet the deadline.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Ah, those time consuming cities ! It's gonna look truly awesome when finished.

Gz arsheesh, you are a truly master of realistic map, no doubt so far.. the colors feels so natural! keep it up!

Wip

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Still plodding along here, making slow but gradual progress on the houses.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hidroth Lea WIP 8.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	7.45 MB 
ID:	78430  

I like that theatre, like the Globe theatre. The whole thing looks great so far.
    Will you be doing any borders between manors? Like stone walls or shrub walls?
    That would look nice [albeit time consuming].

Thanks J. Good eye, the theater was inspired by the Globe. I'd been toying around with the idea of including some stone walls around the manors, though there isn't a whole lot of space. Right now however I'm focusing on the broad brush strokes - laying in houses and major details. Right now I'm racing against the clock (and I think the clock is going to win) just to fill in the big picture. Once I'm done with that I'll come back and add the finer details, stones, shrubs, hedgerows, dirt paths and possibly stone fences.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wip

Hi all, here's an update. Been on holiday with the family and haven't had much time to work on this. Also, we've got family staying with us this week so this will probably be the final update for the challenge. I'll just have to finish it afterwards.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hidroth Lea WIP 9.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	7.58 MB 
ID:	78584  

This is going to be one of my new favorites once complete Arsheesh.
    There's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with this once you're done - layout and text and other assorted bits.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast