Thread: Unnamed fantasy map for P&P

Guild Novice

Wip Unnamed fantasy map for P&P

Hey folks,
    so this is my current project and it will be the first map i show to you. As you can see still in progress, its made on thick paper and is drawn with aquarel pencils and with a variety of hard and soft pencils.
    To the world itself until this date its unnamend because until now i didnt had a good idea of a name that fits it properly. I made this for a pen and paper game i make right now.
    So i hope you like it and i be glad if i get some feedback about whats ok and what could be done better.
    ps. I apologize for mistakes or wrong gramatic. (not my mother language)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	969.6 KB 
ID:	77995

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1,013.0 KB 
ID:	77996

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	77997

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	921.3 KB 
ID:	77998

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	964.7 KB 
ID:	77999

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	882.7 KB 
ID:	78000

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	78001

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	78002

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	78003

From what I can see it looks good... but that is a pretty poor photograph. Why is the lighting so... well, bad?
    Couldn't you get near a light perhaps? It's a shame to not show this off a bit better with a better photo.
    That said, I still think you've done a good job elTotih.
    Please, try to get some better photos. I'm glad you posted these.
    Hope to see more of your maps - just scan them or maybe try for better lighting.
    Welcome to the Guild.

Banned User

Looks like an interesting map!

I like your icons, but I would worry that the castle mountain is disturbing. It's simply too heavy to support itself like that and thus looks very strange and impossible. I would also worry a little bit about size ... having a stone wall as large as the mountains is also strange.

Otherwise, it has great possibilities! Hope to see more, and I hope you manage to get better photos so we can see the details better.

Guild Novice

thank you for the feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    From what I can see it looks good... but that is a pretty poor photograph. Why is the lighting so... well, bad?
    Couldn't you get near a light perhaps? It's a shame to not show this off a bit better with a better photo.
    yeah the pictures turned out to be quite bad but until now i didnt find a copyshop in my area who could handle the size of the map but i will look on to finde one
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    but I would worry that the castle mountain is disturbing. It's simply too heavy to support itself like that and thus looks very strange and impossible. I would also worry a little bit about size ... having a stone wall as large as the mountains is also strange.
    youre right the mountain turned out a bit to big, luckily the mountaincastle has a major role in the game so if you look at it in the game it wouldnt bother so much but when i do another one i try to keep the icons in the same size.
    the wall is acctualy ment to be this big (in the story a few hundreds time to build to sepperate to minor countrys but i get your point
    another time thanks for the feedback