Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Nice Map, have some rep!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Nice! I like it!
    Thank you, too!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really nice job Wired. Looks beautiful, love your forests and the different, yet complimentary, types. The Clouds sitting in the mountain valleys are really a nice touch, as is the green coloring up the rivers. (I've been doing that on mine lately as well.)

For the most part the City Icons sit really nicely into the landscape, maybe accentuate the shadows on the ground more to tie them into the setting. Wish there was a little more variety though.
    Even more symbol variety? ...you do realize I already have 26 different location symbols, do you?
    Not quite sure of the shadows/highlights on the mountains a little muddy at the peak sometimes - not a clear delineation.
    The shadows aren't very much accentuated, it seems. I'll look into that. The rest seems to be a combination of the textures I've overlaid over the map and the lower quality and resolution of the uploaded map sample.
    This is one of my recent favorites, really nice job. Have some reps, if I can
    I', very glad you like it, snodsy.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow. That is beautiful. Man, I love this map. The thunderstorm in the north, the cloud-covered mountain range in the east, the cities, the lovely muted colors... I could go on and on.

I think the only critique I can come up with is to agree with Snodsy about maybe emphasizing the shadows for the cities a bit more. It might help with that harsh transition.
    Last edited by Diamond; 03-10-2016 at 07:31 PM.

It's looking absolutely gorgeous, Wired. It's one of those maps that you can keep looking at and spot some new delight every time. I love maps like that!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very nice and very unique style Wired. I agree that the clouds and storms adds a lot to the "atmosphere" of the map.

Guild Apprentice

i love the sea! whole map is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Wow. That is beautiful. Man, I love this map. The thunderstorm in the north, the cloud-covered mountain range in the east, the cities, the lovely muted colors... I could go on and on.

I think the only critique I can come up with is to agree with Snodsy about maybe emphasizing the shadows for the cities a bit more. It might help with that harsh transition.
    I've added another shadow layer. We'll see how that works. And thank you very much for the praise.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's looking absolutely gorgeous, Wired. It's one of those maps that you can keep looking at and spot some new delight every time. I love maps like that!
    I'm happy you like it so much! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice and very unique style Wired. I agree that the clouds and storms adds a lot to the "atmosphere" of the map.
    Thank you. I thought I had to try something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by milanvasek View Post
    i love the sea! whole map is very nice
    Thank you!

I think this is done. Off to the Finished Maps subforum with ye!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carcerem_50percent_by_stratomunchkin-d9uzksg.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	81102  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234