Thread: Map Project

Map Map Project

Introduction
    I have been building my own custom world for D&D Campaigns for over a decade now. In that avenue I've been creating my own map to represent the world and slowly adding onto it as I can. I'm looking to get something more professional done out of my rough draft in order to take it to the next level. I have the basic world done, and am supplying my draft for an artist to look at an recreate off of. I'm willing to give up pretty much full artistic license, but the base topography and outline of the world needs to stay the same for setting purposes.

Rough Map
    Here is a LINK to my rough draft.

Description
    I hope that my rough draft of a map gets a lot of the basics across as to what I'm looking for. it's a single continent world with oceans to the north and west, deserts to the east, misty mountains to the south. There is a single lake (Lake Aryyn) that feeds all the collective waterways of the continent so it's important that every waterway, somehow, leads back to this body of water. I'd like to make sure there are different icons for cities/villages/towns/capitals and other landmark areas but I'm sure that any established cartographer can help in that avenue. I'll also go over the more regional types of landscape in more minute detail. I have a lot of information about this world that I'm sure will help any artist in visualizing it's many venues.

As far style. I've been looking around the different albums I can see and I came across two that jumped out at me that I enjoyed the style of. I prefer a more old-world style. Here is a LINK to one, and a LINK to the other.

Details

I am looking for something very high resolution. In same avenue I also want to be able to print this off and present it to players in a scroll format (say an 8.5 x 18 or even a larger one that could be hung on a wall say a 3' x 4'). I'm sure that any artist here can advise me on those things as I'm pretty ignorant of what sorts of work goes into each medium. My budget is flexible and I would prefer to negotiate a price with the artist directly. I am looking for reproduction rights in perpetuity and for commercial use though the artist will retain the right to use the map in their portfolio so long as they agree not to exploit it for commercial gain or to be used for any other projects they might receive in the future.

Contact

Anyone interested in the job please Email Me: the.taio.show-at-gmail.com

Has this been taken? If so I'll go ahead and archive the thread.