Thread: Dec / Jan 2016 Lite Challenge: Rhen Var Harbour

Guild Apprentice

Wip Dec / Jan 2016 Lite Challenge: Rhen Var Harbour

Star Wars! Woohoo!!

I wanted to make a start on this as soon as possible as i'll likely not be able to work on it come January, hence my eagerness.

I was planning on doing the classic Star Wars cutaway drawing with a few ideas from the movies in mind. I quickly found though just about everything that would make a cool drawing, has already been done. Not that it's a big issue, I'd just prefer to have nothing to compare to/copy.

So.. here's the plan. I'm going to attempt a cutaway drawing of the Harbor map on Rhen Var, in the first Star Wars Battlefront. I remember it being a really cool map looking back (a lot better than the screen shots i just had a look at ) and importantly its pretty obscure, so free reign on how it comes together.

Really only just did a quick layout sketch here but i think you'll get the gist of what I'm going for. A few things that will become obvious later: the harbor is frozen up (Rhen Var is cold, kinda like like Hoth ), it's old - as in structures not far from ruins, and i'm leaning towards a battle scene going on (Galactic Civil War era).

That's all for now

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhen Var Harbour cutaway.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	78456
    Last edited by Diamond; 01-09-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Excellent idea! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Way to get things started!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I already like it; that perspective looks really great.

Guild Apprentice

Okay, so I'm finally able to get back to this.

Unfortunately not much has happened and that closing date is quickly approaching . Hopefully I'll be able to get the city and harbor done. The ice caves off to the left however, at this point, won't be filled out. Probably just going to go with a simple paint for the rest of the map, or none at all.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhen Var Harbour cutaway 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	484.1 KB 
ID:	78898

P.s. I also realized that I mucked up the thread title and forgot to add the Dec/Jan challenge part! Is there anyway to fix that, I cant seem to find an edit function for it?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Fixed it for ya. I really hope you finish this, if not for the challenge, then at some later point. It's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    FI really hope you finish this, if not for the challenge, then at some later point. It's pretty cool!
    Agreed. This is a very good beginning.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice

I think it's safe to say I won't be able to finish this, at least not with the detail that I'd like. I think it was a tad ambitious given that I was away for much of the challenge time but no matter. Like Diamond and arsheesh suggested, I'll finish this off and repost it when it's done. I'd much rather do a good job on it than rush something out just for the challenge. Good luck to everyone else still in it though!